Above all, make sure to follow the maintenance instructions and cleaning and care tips for your specific brand of luxury vinyl plank flooring. However, our Westfield, Indiana team is always here to help! Here are a few universal cleaning tips for premium vinyl plank flooring.
Top 10 Maintenance & Cleaning Care Tips for Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring:
- Do not use unauthorized maintenance products, such as oil soaps, paste wax, or other cleaners containing, lemon oil, citrus oils, Tung oils, ammonia, or cleaners containing silicone. Do not use two in one cleaners that contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss. Use of these products may invalidate the product warranty.
- Use plain water, recommended cleaning solution from an authorized dealer and a well wrung microfiber mop. Clean in the direction of the grain.
- Keep pet nails well-trimmed and paws free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and other staining agents. Pet urine and vomit should be cleaned up immediately.
- Regularly remove dust build-up. Grit and dust left on the floor long term can be abrasive to the finish. Do not use treated commercial dust-mop or swifter type products because they can contain petroleum-based solvents that can leave a chemical residue.
- All spills must be cleaned up immediately. Spills can be cleaned up with a moistened, well wrung out soft cloth or sponge.
- No steam cleaners. Heat from steam cleaners can damage the floor.
- While tougher than wood, vinyl flooring is still susceptible to dents and scratches. Cloth glides must be applied to appliance, chair and furniture legs. Do not use rubber, plastic, or metal glides. Use Glide N Guard protectors especially when moving appliances. Use a clear floor protector mat (no barbed bottoms) for wheeled office or desk chairs.
- High-heel shoes can damage a vinyl floor as well.
- To minimize scuffing and scratching, some additional precautions can be taken. Place area rugs in high-traffic areas. Place walk-off mats both outside and inside exterior doors. Also place mats at the kitchen sink and, stove.
- Rugs with solid rubber backs should not be used, as they cannot breathe and could discolor or make the surface of the floor more slippery. Jute back rugs can scratch a floor unless a rug pad is in place underneath. Pads containing PVC can damage floor finishes. Bonding agents in PVC pads can off-gas and damage the finish.
The Full Circle Flooring team hopes you enjoy your new luxury vinyl flooring for years to come and that the above tip keep them looking great day after day.